"The Roast" | Meal Prep Recipe 1
We love this roast!! The recipe is super simple & you can basically use whatever veggies that you love or have on hand. It's so full of flavor that I don't even need a sauce on my chicken because the veggies have so much sweetness to them. I have a hard time getting veggies in my diet because I'm such a snacker, so this roast come in handy. This is super low in fat & a good source of carbs & protein. Basically, this recipe is foolproof, throw on what you like & let it cook!
We normally just buy frozen veggies because they are super cheap and they come pre-cut. One combo we love is brussel sprouts & carrots. The second one that you see is that we bought a huge bag of veggies with broccoli, carrots, yellow squash, zucchini, and cauliflower. Do what veggies you like, just make sure they are room temp when you cook them so it does not get super watery when they thaw. Basically you want to fill a whole sheet pan to be about 1 1/2 inches high. We just added the quinoa for the first time this week & I have already been loving it.
Yields approximately 6 meals
308 Calories / 46g Carbs / 21g Protein / 5g Fat / About $2.20 per meal
- 24 oz cubed chicken breast (2-3 pieces) ($5.00)
- 6 cups of veggies ($3.00)
- 2 sweet potatoes ($2.00)
- 1/2 red onion ($.75)
- 1 clove of minced garlic ($.50)
- 4 cups of Quinoa ($2.00)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash, peel, & chop up the sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces (sometimes we heat the potatoes for about a minute in the microwave to soften them a bit).
- These will need to go in the oven for about 10-15 minutes before you add the other ingredients because they take longer to cook.
- During this time, you will need to wash & cube your chicken.
- After the potatoes have been cooking for 10-15 minutes, take the sheet out of the oven to put the chicken and other veggies on it. Don't forget the garlic!
- Drizzle olive oil & spices on the whole sheet. (I normally put garlic salt, lemon pepper, and balsamic vinegar)
- Cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- Cook your quinoa according to how your package wants you to cook it!
Let me know if you make this! It is definitely one of our favorite prepped recipes!