My sister, Dominique, is known to always ask me, "Nicole, if I were to buy one thing, what should it be?" The answer... basically all of these things. Some are dirt cheap, and some are pricier, but they are all worth it for me. Okay here we go:
- Suave Professionals Refresh & Revive Dry Shampoo ($3 on target.com) This has probably been my most used product EVER. If I could guesstimate how many of these I've gone through, I would probably say 200. I have been using it consistently for about 4 years, and maybe I've tried other products since, but this is still my #1. First off, its so cheap. I would never be able to spend $15 on every bottle of dry shampoo because I use it way too often. It has saved me countless hours that I would have spent either showering or restyling my hair. This little magic potion removes oil from the root of your hair while adding volume (it also is great for after the gym sweaty hair). My main trick with dry shampoo is to apply it at night, before you go to bed. If you are planning on wearing day 2 post-shower hair, instead of applying in the morning, use it the night before. Spray it on the roots, run your fingers through to let it set in, then hit the hay. I find this is the best way to get the oil out and it adds a ton of volume if you are an active sleeper like I am! (Okay, enough about dry shampoo, on to the next products)
- Chapstick Lip Moist Lip Balm ($3 on target.com) After hopping on the EOS train (then hopping right off), I reverted back to my favorite chapstick. I love that this has no scent and no flavor. I hate when there is a scent on my lips and I'm tasting or drinking something that contradicts the flavor! But this is the best stuff, its dirt cheap & so moisturizing. Plus, they come in a 3 pack. We all know that the most frequently items we lose are hair ties, bobby pins, socks, & chapstick!
- Big Sexy Hair Get Layered Flash Dry Thickening Hairspray ($18 on ulta.com) I got hooked on this after Kayley Melissa recommended it as one of her go-to products. I love hairsprays that have flexible hold because I don't want crunchy or even stiff hair, but I do want my hair to look thicker (who doesn't?). I love this hairspray & I think it is worth the pricetag. It gives me great texture for waves, braids, and buns while not leaving any sort of buildup.
- Vibrant Sexy Hair CC Hair Protector Leave-In Treatment ($18 on ulta.com) I honestly just picked this product up on a whim. I know I needed a new leave in product and this company normally produces great products. I love having a leave-in product to keep my hair manageable and to maintain its style, but I have never stumbled across one as good as this one. Since I've been using this for the past few months, my hair has grown so much and has not split at the ends. I can't feel it on my hair and it also doesn't weigh it down like many other leave-in creams.
- ColourPop Ultra Matte Lips in Midi ($6 on colourpop.com) I will admit, I only bought this a week ago. But I have tried Kylie Lip Kit ($17 on kyliecosmetics.com), and as everyone is saying, it is very comparable. I specifically love this color. I have seen it swatched on so many people and it looks amazing. Its the perfect nude that has a hint of a cool undertone.
- Ralph Lauren Big Pony #2 Eau de Toilette ($59 on ulta.com) This is my favorite scent of all time. Its super fresh, yet fruity. Since there is no way I can fully describe this scent, their website says "Big Pony #2 For Women by Ralph Lauren is a floriental fruity fragrance with a flirty mix of cranberry and tonka mousse." All I know is, I like whatever tonka mousse is!
- Essie Bahama Mama Nail Polish ($9 on target.com)If I could have a dollar for every time I was complimented on this nail polish, I would buy you all a coffee. But seriously, I think I have bought this nail polish over 5 times & I have never repurchased a nail polish before. This is the perfect color for any season. Plus, it works well on your fingers & toes (am I the only one that is particular about my pedicure color?) Basically, this formulation is great, it stays on super long, & its the perfect go-to color.
- Victoria's Secret Noir Tease Body Spray ($15 on victoriassecret.com) Alongside the perfume, this I love for a little spritz. According to the website, this body spray has notes of "black vanilla, frozen pear and blooming gardenia." I keep this in my bag at all times to refresh during the day (or if you have to go somewhere right after the gym). Again, its super fruity & fun without being too sweet.
- Organix Hydrate + Repair Argan Oil of Morocco Miracle In Shower Oil ($9 on ulta.com) This stuff is a great multi-use product. I add it to my lotion, conditioner, and body wash. I put it in my hair after showering, on my lips, and even on my cuticles! Its a perfect product to use for many things so a great one to bring on trips! There are a bunch of these on the market though so I can't say that this is the best one, but its definitely a good product to get your hands on!
- Tangle Teezer Detangling Brush ($15 on sephora.com) This brush has been my saving grace for my unruly, long, and wavy hair. The Tangle Teezer is basically a comb & brush in one. I had heard for years that traditional brushes are not good for your hair, but combing my hair would take forever. So now, I can be gentle on my hair & brush it all quickly. Plus, it seems like a lot of people are liking it too.
Okay, I know that was a lot of information to absorb. But try one or try a few & let me know what you think! Plus, I would love to know some of your top products!